Saturday, July 3, 2010

Third of July Fireworks

What a busy fourth of July weekend! Saturday morning Joe and I taped up the windows on the front of the house so he could spray paint it. We figured that since we were planning to spray paint the shutters, we might as well do the front of the house while we were at it. Thank heavens for the paint sprayer! It made the job much faster!

We also went to the roofer's supply store to check out the kind of shingles we wanted. It is amazing to me how many different kinds of shingles there are.

While Daddy was busy painting, I was keeping track of the little guys. After lunch when Ephraim was napping and Joe was painting our shutters, Jacob and I ran to the store. We got home to find that Joe had gone to help the neighbors paint their shutters. So I unlocked the house, unloaded the groceries and then Joe got home. Jacob and I went to see the neighbors shutters and then came back home. The good news is that it was a really productive day. The bad news is that I lost my car keys somehow and have not been able to find them since. Aarrgh!

In the late afternoon and evening the boys were playing outside on their tricycles. They love to pedal Jacob's trike and give each other rides on the platform on the back. It is the cutest thing! Ephraim is usually the one getting a ride, and he has figured out how to lift up his feet and hold on!

They think it is so much fun! This particular day they were pretending that I was the police officer and they were "speeding". So it was my job to chase them down, stop them and give them a ticket. So I tore up my grocery list and gave them each several "tickets". It was pretty funny.

I love it when the boys can play together like this and get along so well! It is so nice that they are becoming good friends.

I love these two little guys! They are the best! Did you notice that  Jacob is wearing his "Dad's lil' firecracker" shirt? He dresses himself now, so this is the shirt that he picked this morning.

Later that evening after the boys went to bed I went out on a quick bike ride. I got home just as Joe was finishing putting the shutters on the house. They look really great! Our house looks really nice and definitely not as "beige bland" as it used to. I will post some pictures really soon.

Of course later we woke the boys up to go see the PG city fireworks. Since July 4th was on Sunday, the city decided to have its celebration the day before. The fireworks were at the Jr. High, so we just walked over to the cemetery to watch. I ended up getting out the double stroller because Jacob woke up all confused and weepy. It was easier to push the sleepyheads over there than it would have been to get them to walk!

The weather was pretty nice. We sat on a blanket and the boys each had a blanket to wrap up in. The fireworks show was pretty good. Joe helped me with the camera and we got some pretty awesome pictures. Here are some of my favorites:




Both of the boys really liked these fireworks that looked like red and blue circles. Jacob said they looked like planets.





Ephraim's favorite part was listening to the Boom, Boom, BOOMs! He thought that was awesome!


Both the boys did a pretty good job of sitting still and watching the fireworks. When the show was done we took them home and they went right back to sleep. So we had a busy, productive day.


So now you can say you saw the fireworks show too, right? :o)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, they look like they were really fun fire works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your keys - majorly frustrating. And your pictures of fireworks are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete