Monday, July 19, 2010

Grandpa and the Chrysalises

Hooray! Grandpa Devereaux arrived today.

This morning Joe and I got started on shoveling the shingles off the porch of the house. It is amazing to me just how hot it is up on the roof! I only stayed up there an hour and I was dripping sweat by the time I got down.

I finished cleaning up around the house and then we went a did a little grocery shopping. By the time Ephraim woke up from his afternoon nap Grandpa was here! The boys were so excited! They warmed up to Grandpa right away.

We had a great time looking at all the goodies that Grandpa brought for us. There was a whole tub of plastic food, a Buzz Lightyear kite, a play sink, more plastic dinosaurs, roller skates, clothes, and a bunch more! One of their favorites were the giant coloring books. After dinner they both had to go color and have grandpa help.

I thought it was pretty cute to watch the three of them coloring together.

In other news, our caterpillars have made chrysalises! It was amazing how quickly each one made a chrysalis! Once they started hanging upside down it took a little over an hour. It was amazing. Today I took the top off the jar so I could put them in the butterfly habitat so they will be contained when they come out.

Of course I had to take pictures to show you what they look like.

I have never really seen a chrysalis up close like this before. They are pretty cool.


So it looks like we will end up with 5 butterflies within the next week. It should be pretty exciting. We also start our roofing project in earnest tomorrow, which should also be exciting... at least it will be when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment