Friday, July 23, 2010

Roofing Report: Daddy is Down in the Dumps

Last night while I was at work our volunteer crew managed to get the shingles off the front of the house. Here is what it looked like early this morning.

The back side of the house is progressing a bit faster than the front... but then again, it is the larger side of the roof. See the progress they are making?

This morning Joe and Grandpa are working on getting more shingles on the back side of the house. It is starting to look really good!

While the boys worked on the back, I started cleaning up some of the nails and paper on the front side of the house. I couldn't help for too long because I had to keep an eye on the boys, but at least I got to help!

My roofing crew is working so hard! I know Joe was hoping we would be a bit further in the process by now, but there are a lot of little things that take time, like cutting the shingles for the edges and getting everything lined up.

For a little while this morning Joe was in the dumpster, getting the shingles spread out. There was a heap right off the edge of the house where the shingles got shoveled off. We are happy that we will not be needing a second dumpster. Everything will definitely fit in the first one!

I was laughing when Joe was in the dumpster because Joe was literally "down in the dumps" over this project!

The boys were watching Daddy, of course. They like to climb up to the edge of the dumpster and peek inside. I suppose it's fine as long as neither one of them ends up inside there!

No comments:

Post a Comment