Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday at the Devereaux's

On Sunday we got to take Grandpa and Grandma Devereaux to church, as well as Great-Grandpa Sabey. So after church while we were all dressed up we decided to take some pictures.

Joe got the camera set up on the tripod and we got the camera and remote ready. Then we snapped away. I wasn't sure how the boys would do without anyone behind the camera, but they did surprisingly well. We took tons of photos, and here are my favorites.

Don't the boys all look handsome in their ties? And by some random chance, Jane and I are both wearing black and white.

Jacob and Ephraim both did a great job. Occasionally we had to go chase Ephraim down and put his tie back on, but he did amazing considering the amount of photos we took!

This little impromptu photo shoot definitely gives me hope for our next family photos. Hopefully it will be this easy to get Jacob and Ephraim to smile at the camera.


Here is a picture of all the guys. By this point the boys were getting a bit tired of the whole picture taking thing, so Jacob is making a silly face. Oh well!

 Here is my favorite outtake from the photo shoot. Joe was getting annoyed because everyone kept pulling out their cameras and taking pictures of him adjusting the camera. But that's not why I like this photo. I like it because it makes me look skinny!

Maybe I should cut myself out of this picture and put it on a white background... so I can look at it and feel good about all my hard work. :o)

After church we also had Allen and Cameo Sabey over for dinner. Allen is Joe's cousin. Allen and Cameo will be moving to Georgia in a couple of days. It was fun to chat with them and spend some time together before they head east.

After good food and conversation we watched a movie with the boys. We ended up keeping the little guys up late enough that we got to let them do sparklers when it was dark out. So fun and pretty too!


I got to experiment with my camera to try to capture the boys with their sparklers. I got some pretty fun pictures.

We were going to do the sparklers on the 24th of July for Pioneer Day, but I remembered after the boys were already in bed. Oh well this way they got to see them in the dark.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice family photos. You all look so nice and the tree makes the perfect backdrop.
    The firework pictures are way cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those family photos are priceless! It's so awesome you took the time and effort to get them. And, you do look hot!!

    ReplyDelete