Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Roofing Report

Then this morning Joe and Grandpa (or Papa as Ephraim calls him) started shoveling more of the shingles off the house and working on the drip edges.


Naturally the boys wanted to help. So we let them go up on the roof and pick up nails to put in the bucket.

I wasn't too nervous about Jacob being on the roof. He has a healthy sense of fear and self-preservation.

Ephraim on the other hand has absolutely no fear. We had to tell him repeatedly to walk, not run on the roof!

So I kept my eye on him, as did Joe and Papa.

The boys weren't up on the roof for very long, but they thought it was SO fun. During the hot part of the day the roofing crew took a break from working on the roof. It was just too hot! So we went a did some shopping at Costco instead. Then after dinner they started up again.

A few of our neighbors and friends are up on the roof this evening, helping us shovel the rest of the shingles off. It is so nice because this really is a HUGE job!


I have the best roofing crew ever! I hope the work goes well and swiftly. I hope the weather is cooperative and not too hot. I know we've only just begun, but I can't wait for the roof to be finished!

This evening I wish I could have been helping on the roof, but I guess somebody has to watch these guys!

1 comment:

  1. What a huge project! Call us for help again if you need!

    ReplyDelete