Thursday, July 29, 2010

Roofing Finale and Toy Story 3

It is finished! Today Joe and Papa put the cap shingles on top of our new ridge vent. Re-shingling our roof turned out to be a lot more time consuming than we expected, but the new roof is beautiful and best of all it is DONE!

Here are some pictures from earlier in the day. Look at all those beautiful shingles on my roof!

The gable in the front looks particularly nice, don't you think?

This morning Grandma and the boys got on the roof as well. Grandpa was cutting shingles for the top of the ridge, and the boys helped by taking them across the roof to Daddy.

What great little helpers I have!

We are SO glad that the roof is done! I know Joe wishes he had finished sooner so he could have spent more time with his Dad doing other things. But the roof needed to get done and they did a top rate job!

After finishing the roof this morning, we ate lunch and then headed off to see Toy Story 3. The boys have been so excited to see this movie, and I thought it would be a good one for their first movie theater experience. Plus it would be even more fun with Grandpa and Grandma!

I wanted to take a picture of the boys by the poster for the movie, but they didn't seem to have one. So I took a picture of them by this Toy Story 3 window cling instead. I couldn't get them both looking at me because it was SO sunny and bright!

We all really enjoyed the movie. It was funny and heartwarming... and I admit that I almost cried at the end. This is one that we will definitely purchase and watch just as much as we already watch Toy Story 2.

After the movie, we went and had dinner at the Purple Turtle. Yummy! What a fun way to spend our last afternoon with Grandpa and Grandma Devereaux!

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is that is a HUUUGE Roof!!!
    And a good job done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time watching toy story 3, I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the movie review. We'll definitely have to go now!

    ReplyDelete