Sunday, October 2, 2011

Soccer Day + Rainbow

Our weekends now consist of working around the house and going to a soccer game of course!

I am having so much fun learning how to take good sports pictures. I love the one of Jacob above where he was about to give the ball a good kick.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that for this game Jacob got to play against his friend Kyle. Here is a picture of both of them playing during the game.


We had a great time watching the game with our neighbors. It is so much fun to watch our little 5 year olds play soccer. Amelia enjoyed it too! Our game was early in the morning, so she was dressed in warm pants and a little jacket. So cute!


Later in the day as I was coming home with the kids, I looked up to see a fantastic rainbow in the sky. So of course I jumped out of the van and took lots of pictures.




You can see that I actually left the van on the driveway while I ran inside and got my camera.


It was one of the brightest rainbows I have ever seen. What was even better was the fact that it was a double rainbow!

I have always wanted to take a really nice rainbow picture, and now I can say that I have done it!


The rainbow stayed for a long time, and I got tons of pictures. I can't quite bring myself to delete any of them. I think they are lovely.


We may have had to put up with a lot of wet weather this weekend, but at least we got to see a gorgeous rainbow!


Jacob said there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and I think if you look really closely you can just about see it.





3 comments:

  1. I love that you took pics of the rainbow! I made Jason pull off the freeway so I could get some. Your pics turned out much better than mine, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pictures of the rainbow. Great job! I like the shot of Jacob kicking the ball too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob sure is doing well in soccer. Love your pictures of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete