Sunday, October 30, 2011

Witch Hat

This Halloween I was excited to be invited to attend Melinda's Witches Brew once again. This year I decided to crochet my hat, rather than decorate one that I bought from the store. I found a cute pattern online and was not sure how the hat would turn out, but since it was mostly single crochet I figured it wouldn't take me that long.

Wouldn't you know, I finished it the morning of the party! Hooray! I added some cute crocheted flowers (thanks Mom!) and went to the party.


Melinda went all out with the decorations and the food. We had yummy soups in witches cauldrons and got to drink out of  "bloody goblets". You can see how fabulous it was from these lovely pictures that I stole from Melinda's post about the event. You should actually go read her post because it is MUCH more comprehensive than mine and includes pictures of all the hats.


My friend Karyn had a white wig to go with her hat (she was doing a "mummy"/mommy theme). I tried it on and decided that it looked spectacular with my hat, don't you think?


Then again, I have always been partial to platinum blonde!

So I won "The Hat you wish you could take credit for making," award and got to take home some lovely Halloween decor. I may have to make another hat like this one, only smaller so it fits the kids. I think they would love playing with one.

So now I just have to decide... what kind of hat am I going to make for next year??!

2 comments:

  1. Witches brew sure looks like fun, you sure have some great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great time! Your hat was amazing!

    ReplyDelete