Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jack o Lantern Sunday

I actually really enjoy carving pumpkins. We did not get around to doing ours until the day before Halloween, but I figured it was a good, family activity.

I don't especially enjoy taking all the goop out of the pumpkin, and it turns out that this is a trait that my boys share with me. They would not even touch the stuff! Jacob looked like he was going to throw up and Ephraim said that the guts, "smelled like poop".


What a bunch of goofs! So I ended up taking the guts out myself. Once that was done, everyone was more than happy to help with the carving. Here is Jacob and Daddy working on the pattern.


The boys both wanted a "scary face", so I let them choose whichever template they liked. They both got to help Daddy transfer the pattern onto the pumpkin, and then we carved it.


I think it turned out to be pretty scary, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment