Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween!

This year I was excited to help out with Jacob's Halloween party. Joe stayed home so that I could go to the school and help out. Luckily Ephraim had his own Halloween party to go to, so he actually only had to watch Amelia.

I made it to the school in time to see Jacob walk around the school in his costume. He wanted to be Buzz Lightyear, and I can't say that I blame him. Our Plants vs. Zombies theme was even lost on most of the adults in our ward. I guess our family is ahead of the curve when it comes to popular computer culture items.



It was fun to see Jacob in his classroom, interacting with his friends. This is Jacob and his friend Carly the vampiress.



I didn't take too many pictures during the party because I was BUSY! The kids got to play games (like pumpkin bowling and pin the face on the jack-o-lantern), and do crafts. Then they got to decorate and eat a pumpkin cookie. It was a lot of fun.

I wish I could say my afternoon on Halloween was as much fun, but I went to the dentist. I figured since Joe had the day off, I should get my appointment over with. I had 3 teeth with cavities that got filled and one tooth that needed a crown because the tooth was starting to fracture as a result of an old filling. I was at the dentist for nearly 3 hours, part of which my kids and Joe were waiting for me in the lobby. They gave me a much shorter time estimate, or Joe would have gone off to do some more shopping and whatnot while I was stuck in the chair.

So after my afternoon, I could not eat dinner at all. I was actually still a bit numb when we left to go trick-or-treating with the Esplins. What I won't do for my kids!

Jacob and Ephraim both dressed up in their Buzz Lightyear costumes... just like last year! At least we are getting some good use out of those costumes!


 The boys had a fabulous time trick or treating. The Esplins live on the bench in Lindon, so we had quite the hike at times, but that did not quell their enthusiasm one bit!


Yes, the kids are running up the hill!

We got to go to quite a few houses. More than I expected, actually. But the kids were having such a great time that they just did not want to stop.


It was actually hard to get pictures of them holding still!


We trick or treated until past dark, by which time I was ready to head home. Joe was ready for me to come home too because Amelia was being a crank-pot. She had been without Mommy (or a nap) most of the day, and she was not really happy about it.


I have to say that we trick-or-treated at some pretty posh houses. Ok, let's just call them mansions. When they have three flights of stairs to get to the front door, three garages, and at least three stories, what else can you call them? The boys even got play-doh and full sized candy bars! It was crazy.

I got a milkshake for dinner on the way home. Yum! When we got home we were happy to find an artful arrangement of our ghosts and Jack-o-lantern in the front flower bed. Don't they look great?


Halloween was fun, but it sure seemed LONG to me! I am kind of glad to be done.

2 comments:

  1. Trick or treating sure looked like lots of fun. Did you have a hard time keeping up with those boys? I sure would have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good day - except the dentist, of course! Your ghosts look great.

    ReplyDelete