Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sayonara Soccer Season

We are officially finished with soccer this Fall! We will not be playing soccer again until the Spring season in March.

In some ways it will be nice to be done with soccer for a while, but I sure will miss watching Jacob play! For our last practice, I had Jacob wear Joe's old soccer uniform. I couldn't believe it when Grandma sent us this uniform that Joe wore when he was little!



It's a little bit big, but I think he looks great!


And it is apparent that Jacob enjoys soccer.




Saturday was our last game. So I took Jacob over to the fence on the sidelines and took our "official" soccer shot. How cute is this boy?



We enjoyed the last game. The team we played was not as good as the last time, so I didn't think our team had to play as well. Regardless, Daddy and Amelia had a fun time on the sidelines while I took pictures.


It was a little chilly, but not too bad. When he was on the sidelines, Jacob wore his winter hat to keep warm. I realized that I had not snapped too many pictures of him watching his team, so I took a quick picture. Check out the dirt on his uniform- what a player!


This was my favorite shot of the game. Jacob running away with the ball towards the goal! My boy sure is fast!

After the game they took a quick team photo. Two of the boys were missing, but I guess we will catch them in the spring. Here are the boys looking tough.

Will, Brighton, Foxton, Kayden Tyson, Jacob


3 comments:

  1. What a soccer player! I can tell he has had a lot of fun and learned lots of new skills this summer. Keep up the good work Jacob! I'm sure you'll have lots of next summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see Jacob playing. The drive was worth it to watch. Sports are a great way for young kids to grow up..Love you. Grandpa

    ReplyDelete