Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Trimming the Tree

This morning Iwas cleaning up the kitchen in the morning and decided it was WAY too quiet in the house. You never know what the boys might be up to, so I decided I had better go check on them. When I walked into the living room, this is what I found.

Jacob and Ephraim snuggled up under a blanket on the couch, reading a book together. Jacob was telling Ephraim this Curious George Story, and it was SO cute!

Luckily my camera was on the end table nearby, so I was able to grab it and unobtrusively snap some pictures. I just love moments like these when my boys are having a great time together. It makes me happy!

Then Family Home Evening we talked about the true meaning of Christmas, and how Christmas is really about Jesus and not about Santa and presents. Then we got out some of the ornaments and started decorating the Christmas tree. The boys were really excited to help out this year.


Of course they can't reach very high up, so Daddy helped them get the ornaments up a little bit higher. Otherwise all the ornaments would have been gathered on the bottom 1/4 of the tree!


We actually only got about half the ornaments on the tree before Mommy and Daddy ran out of steam. We will have to get out the rest of the ornaments later.


We did manage to get the star out and put it on top of the tree. This year Jacob was actually tall enough to reach the top of the tree with Daddy's help.


After we finished decorating for the evening, the boys asked Daddy to read them some Christmas books.
We had a fun evening together as a family, getting ready for the Christmas season. I love seeing my cute boys having a good time with their Daddy. What a handsome bunch of men I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment