Saturday, December 4, 2010

Airplane Ride in the Morning

This weekend was the Heiner Family Christmas party. We have all been getting together for Christmas just about as long as I can remember. This year we ended up having the party the first weekend in December and we all met up at Mom and Dad's house in Star Valley.

We had a great time in Wyoming! My entire family made it to my parents house (so there were 24 of us plus two babies on the way) and we had a great time together. We got to Star Valley on Friday night. Our little family got to stay in an apartment in a hanger at the FBO, which worked out really nicely. The boys thought it was pretty cool to stay right next door to the airplanes.

Saturday morning the boys got ready and went to hang out at the FBO with Grandpa. I was still getting ready when Joe came to tell me that Grandpa said that the weather was nice enough to go for an airplane ride. Jacob and Ephraim think it is so cool that Grandpa is a pilot and works at the airport.

So in no time we were in the airplane and headed off!We started with Jacob in the front seat with Daddy and Grandpa.

I sat in the backseat with Ephraim. Originally I was going to let the boys and Daddy go alone, but Ephraim was feeling a bit contrary so I decided to go and help out.

I am glad I went because I don't think I have ever been on a ride in the winter and it was beautiful! Everything was blanketed in snow and the world almost looked monochromatic because the sky was overcast too.

At first Ephraim didn't want a headset on, but after a while I shared mine with him.

Isn't he a cutie?

We got to fly all over the valley. We even got to see Grandma and Grandpa Heiner's house from the air. Here it is!
The boys were not nervous about flying in the airplane at all! As a matter of fact, they LOVE it. They think it is fun to watch Grandpa fly, and "help" him fly through the air.


Halfway through our ride we let the boys trade places so Ephraim could have a turn in the front. I took this photo of me in the back of the plane with Jacob and I just love it.


It was so fun to watch my boys in the airplane. They loved watching the scenery from the air,


"helping" Grandpa fly the airplane,


and talking into their headsets. They were so stinking cute!

My boys are so lucky that they get to go on airplane rides with their Grandpa! They always talk about riding in the airplane for days afterwards. Who knows? Maybe one of the boys or our unborn daughter will end up being a pilot, since she has already had two airplane rides and she isn't even born yet! I guess only time will tell. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment