Monday, December 6, 2010

Frosty Drive Home

On our weekend trip to my parent's house in Wyoming there was plenty of snow, fog, and frost. It was so foggy during our stay that Sunday we didn't see the sun at all! So of course I had to take advantage of it and snap some photos.

Here is a picture of a silo in the snow as the fog was clearing.



We don't usually get frost as heavy as they do in Wyoming. But then again, they spend a lot more time below freezing than we do! So although I think the frost is beautiful, I don't really want to see a whole lot more of it!
I took these photos near the library in the morning, just as we were about to leave for home.

I love the way the frost outlined everything... seed pods, leaves, and limbs. Poor cold trees!



Just look at all the ice hanging off the bushes in front of the library!


Isn't the frost gorgeous? It makes me feel all wintry and ready for Christmas! All I need now is some hot chocolate with a candy cane in it- yum! I guess I will have to soak up as much of that wintry feeling as I can from these pictures, since we will be leaving in a little while to spend our Christmas in Arizona.

But then again, maybe warm weather, palm trees and cacti are not such a bad thing after all. Check out the first part of our drive home from Wyoming back to Utah... talk about scary.


I don't know about Daddy, but the roads were making me feel a bit like the face Ephraim is making in this picture.

After a while it did get better though! The roads cleared off and the rest of the drive was much better!

So we all relaxed and had a nice, quiet drive home.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures of the frost. You are GOOD with that camera!

    ReplyDelete