Monday, December 27, 2010

Play Doh Anniversary

Tuesday was our wedding anniversary. Can you believe that Joe and I have been married for 8 years? Wow! The most incredible thing to me is that I love Joe even more now than I did when we got married.

We decided before Christmas that we would postpone celebrating our anniversary until the middle of the summer. It is financially more feasible then, and hopefully we will be able to get away and spend the entire day together doing fun things like going on a bike ride (which is really hard to do 6 months pregnant).

However we did go on a date that evening. We went to a matinee of Tron and then out to dinner. It was nice to spend some time alone together.

Earlier in the day Joe and his dad went to the Dodge dealership to get a replacement van key for me. I lost mine (or had help losing mine) 6 months ago and never found it even after tearing the house apart. So we have only had one key to the van, which has been a pain in the rear.

While they were gone, Emily and the boys amused themselves with the Play Doh and tools that the boys got for Christmas.


They had so much fun rolling out the Play Doh, stamping shapes with it, and trying out the various tools they received.


We also got this nice folding table for Christmas. It is adjustable and can be just the right height for the boys. I am sure it will end up in our toy/craft room and the boys will love using it.


It was really great that Aunt Emily spent so much time with the boys while we were visiting. They had a lot of fun with her and it gave me a chance to relax and get some crocheting done. Plus it was just fun to watch them getting to know her a little better.

I have a feeling we will be playing with Play Doh a bit more often now that we have so many cool tools to use!

2 comments:

  1. I will watch your boys (and baby please please) for you to celebrate your anniversary in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all had such a good time in Tucson for Christmas. How nice to be somewhere warm for a while.

    ReplyDelete