Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teddy gets Stuffed

You may remember that one of my first blog posts was about Teddy and how much Jacob loves him. That blue bear has been around for a very long time and been through a lot. You should go read that post again to get reaquainted, but just to jog your memory, here is one of the earliest and best pictures I have of Teddy with Jacob.

This picture was taken before Jacob was even a year old. It was in March of 2007, so Jacob was about 10 months old. Even then he loved Teddy. I can't get over how soft, clean and fluffy Teddy looks!

Then when I wrote my last blog post about Teddy it was in June of 2008. So here is what Teddy looked like over a year later.
You can see that he is not so fluffy and definitely looks well loved. Teddy has been Jacob's companion for the past two years. Teddy goes with us on long trips and keeps Jacob company in bed. Usually Teddy stays in Jacob's bed during the day, but occasionally he comes out to play and be silly.

Lately Jacob has been begging me to put some more stuffing in Teddy. Apparently Teddy was getting a bit too flopsy for Jacob. I can't say that his assessment was wrong. Here is a picture I took of Teddy this weekend before his minor surgery.

I realize now that I should have washed Teddy before I restuffed him because he is a bit dirtier than usual in this picture, but at least it shows you how loved he really is.

In case you can't tell, Teddy had absolutely no stuffing left from his neck down to his legs. Don't ask me where it went!


So I finally picked up some batting so that poor Teddy could sit and stand up again. Jacob was really excited that I was going to make Teddy less floppy and more fat. He watched as I carefully opened up the seam in Teddy's back. Then he even helped me stuff in as much stuffing as we possibly could. Then I sewed Teddy back up.

Here is Jacob with Teddy post-op.


Jacob is really impressed with all the things that Teddy can do now! Teddy can sit up by himself. Teddy can stand on his head! Teddy is much more huggable! Jacob LOVES that Teddy is no longer all squished flat.
I am glad that I finally got around to Jacob's request. It really made him happy. Jacob made me laugh when he told me that Teddy is no longer bossy now that he is stuffed! How funny is that?

Next Teddy needs to take another spin through the washer. I hope it doesn't compact him too much!

1 comment:

  1. You are one cool mommy! I might have to steal that idea and restuff Laura's fluffy!

    ReplyDelete