Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Wonderland

About a week ago the weather forecasters were calling for a blizzard. Warnings were issued, schools let out early, and we heard that people even went to the grocery store and stock up for the storm.

We watched and listened to the wind blow, waiting for the snow to come and bury us as predicted. We waited...  and waited..... and got nothing. Salt Lake was getting pounded and we assumed we were next. So we went to bed, anticipating the white that would await us in the morning.

Imagine how disappointed my boys were to find absolutely no snow in the morning! Jacob was devastated because he wanted to shovel the driveway with Joe.

Fast forward a week.

This morning when we woke up Joe looked out the window and told me that we got tons of snow overnight! There was about 6 inches on the driveway and snow was still falling. I guess you could say that the blizzard they were predicting a week ago was a little behind schedule.

So I got Jacob dressed as quickly as I could after breakfast and sent him out to help Daddy shovel. Before long Joe had to leave to go shovel at the church, even though our driveway wasn't finished.


I had just finished getting Ephraim dressed to go help, so I couldn't just make the boys come in and take their snow clothes off. Instead I let them go play in the snow in the back yard. Ephraim thought the snow was pretty cool stuff!


Jacob and Ephraim were SO excited for the first real snow! They got out their sand toys and shovels and got busy having fun.


You can see from the limbs on our trees and the fence over by the garden that we got quite a bit of snow.

I had a lot of fun taking pictures of the boys playing in the snow. They are so darn cute!


Jacob wanted to make a snow angel, so I told him to go right ahead. It was funny to watch the look on his face as the snow was falling on him while he made his angel.


Great job, Jacob! Snow angels turn out pretty well when the snow is this deep!

Ephraim tried to make a snow angel too, but basically just laid down in the snow and waved his arms up and down. It was pretty hilarious!



As you can see, they got out their sand box toys and were digging and driving their tractors around in the snow. What a pair of sillies! At least they were having fun, right?



They had a wonderful time outside. I am not really that fond of snow, but seeing my two boys enjoy it so much makes it a bit more fun for me. I guess you could say my boys have brought a little bit of the "wonder" back into winter wonderland for their mommy.

Joe got back from his ward council meeting just in time to clear a path for the van on our driveway, take a shower and head out the door. He didn't get a shave in and hasn't shaved his face since Monday. So now he had quite the beard started!

Over Thanksgiving Joe also managed to get the lights up on our house. We ended up getting new LED lights for the house, since most of our icicle lights had large portions that were not lit up. We put up our colored lights in the window, and the boys just love them. I think the house looks pretty good, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for letting them enjoy the snow...I'm a lazy mommy! Yes, your lights look fabulous. I need to come see them in person.

    ReplyDelete