Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Beautiful Boys

I love being my own photographer and taking pictures of my boys! If the weather is nice and the boys are having a good day (and by that I mean cooperative), we can dress up and go take pictures. No appointment to schedule, no waiting for our turn, and no uncomfortable smiles.

I know some fun locations nearby for pictures, so on Saturday when the weather was nice I got the boys dressed and we headed out. I figured I had better get some nice shots of the boys before my belly gets too much bigger and I get less motivated. Who knows, these may be the last shots I do of them before we add their little sister to the family!

I was so happy with how the pictures turned out! I LOVE them. Here are the ones that I love the best.

I was so happy that I got nice pictures of the two of them together. They are smiling and looking so happy!

My biggest concern was that I wouldn't get a good photo of Ephraim because he is such a busy body and doesn't really smile on command. Imagine how thrilled I was when my favorite picture of the day was this one:

My favorite picture of Jacob is a toss up. I like his smile better on the second picture, but I like his head position in the first one better. I guess they are both winners!

What a cutie!

Here is my second favorite picture of Ephraim. He found this old trike he wanted to sit on, so I just went with it and ended up with some cute photos.


This was the first photo session of the boys where I have ended up with SO many photos that I really liked! I guess either they are figuring this whole picture thing out, or maybe I am just getting better at it.

Here are some of my runner-up favorites.




I love the pictures I got of the boys in the door frame of this dilapidated old house. They couldn't really get down unless I helped them, and then I made them laugh by throwing leaves on my head and singing a silly song. I guess it pays to be a goofball!


Ephraim loved this old trike, and I thought it made a nice photo prop. The leaves were lovely as well.




I actually had a few other photo locations in mind, but we did so well on the first one that we only stopped at one other place on the way home.

I managed a few more nice shots of Ephraim before it started to snow lightly and we decided to call it quits.


I was SO happy with how well these photos turned out! The boys did such a great job! I am planning on getting some of these photos printed at Costco in the next little while, so let me know which one(s) you would like for your photo frames and I will get them to you before Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! what great pictures, it's really hard to decide. Dad and I like your first two favorites of the boys taken separately and we like the one of them sitting together with the caption about you throwing leaves and acting a goofball below the picture. Thanks for sharing such great pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, those pictures of Ephraim are amazing! Your outfits and location are fabulous. You RULE!!

    ReplyDelete