Thursday, August 21, 2008

Two Dollar Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point

This week for Playgroup we decided to all go together to Thanksgiving Point. They were having two dollar Tuesdays for the month of August. We figured that since school has already started for most of the kids it shouldn't be too crowded, right?

Wrong! I was looking forward to taking Jacob to the Dinosaur Museum, but when we got there the line was already around the building. So we decided that instead of waiting around we would head to Farm Country instead.

Jacob had fun looking at the animals and getting to pet some of them.

I brought the double bike stroller because it fits in my trunk. To use my other stroller I would have had to switch cars, car seats, etc. Though I like that stroller better it was too much hassle! I was a little worried that Ephraim would be too little for this one, but he did fine. Most of the time he slept.

We did have some trouble getting this stroller through the doorway. That's another reason I prefer my other one. Anyway, Ephraim probably slept so much because we spent half of the time in line waiting to go on the pony ride. There was no way I could get Jacob to leave without riding a pony. Here he is waiting impatiently for his turn:


We finally got to the front of the line! Our friends watched Ephraim for me while I went with Jacob and got him settled on one of the ponies. Jacob had a great time riding the pony. He was just sad when his turn was done. Here's my little horseman:


We had a pretty good time at Farm Country. I can't imagine that anyone would pay more than two dollars to see the farm animals and take a little ride though. The one thing that I forgot is that I am allergic to most farm animals. So when we got home I was all stuffy, sneezy, and itchy. So that made for a fun afternoon.

Jacob was disappointed that we didn't go to the "Di-so-saur Moo-see-um" like I told him we would. I considered it because by the time we left the line looked pretty short, but we needed lunch and naptime. So I told Jacob that we would try to go next week. It will be the last week for two dollar Tuesdays, and I don't know how crazy it will be. I guess we'll see if we make it to Thanksgiving point again or not.

1 comment:

  1. Fun play group. Glad he thought the wait for the pony ride was worth it - it's such a pain to wait with little kids!!

    ReplyDelete