Monday, August 11, 2008

Melinda saves the day

Last week was REALLY busy.

On Tuesday we went to playgroup in the park and had a nice turnout. I enjoyed spending time in the shade talking with the other ladies while the kids wore themselves out.

On Wednesday I got a call from the Smiths, telling me their new baby, Ty was born that morning. So I took the boys to Music Makers at the church, and then instead of going to Brenda's house we went over to play at Melinda's house.

We did some fun crafting while the kids played. I made a binky strap (for baby Ty) and some hair bows for another neighbor who just had a baby girl. Melinda's mom crocheted some flowers for hairclips which I thought were darling. So I crocheted a couple of flowers and put them on hairclips for my neighbor. Aren't these cute?










The kids had fun playing together. Here is a picture of Laura pushing Jacob on their swing. With Laura around, who needs adults?

Then I made a cute card to go with the hair clips. Melinda gave me an adorable bag, and I am going to have to go get more. Wouldn't you like to get a gift that looks like this?


Thursday morning I went to see Brenda, Todd and Ty at the hospital. Melinda was kind enough to watch my kids for me. Baby Ty is really cute. He has a lot of dark hair and was a pretty good-sized boy (especially compared to mine!).

After visiting at the hospital I picked my boys up and went home. I went to work that evening and found out that the Library retreat was scheduled for the next day... and nobody bothered to tell me! I was pretty upset about it.

Joe couldn't stay home, so I needed to find someone to watch the boys. Karyn was at girls camp, Brenda just had a baby... who to call? I was hesitant to call Melinda and ask her to watch my boys AGAIN, especially since she had already seen them the previous two days. However when I talked to her Melinda was totally willing to do it! What a great friend!

So Friday I got to go to the meeting and subtly (or not so much) remind everyone that I STILL work there, even though I am only part-time. I got to meet the two new librarians, one of whom I worked with as a student worker at USU (many, many moons ago). Then I got to go to a yummy lunch at Carraba's. It was SO good. I was extra thirsty (and still a little peeved), so I ordered two drinks.. a Diet Coke and an Italian soda. It was yummy! Next time I think I'll get a frozen lemonaid because they looked good too!

Needless to say Melinda is totally and utterly awesome! Not only did she watch my kids two days in a row, she also loaned me the fourth book in the Twilight series (which I have already finished).

Thanks Melinda!

2 comments:

  1. I remember having this happen a few times and found it nice to have someone to help me out, and even nicer when I had a chance to help her out with her kids when she had to be busy. Seems like when kids visit they keep each other busy so it is not too bad. I also found that I enjoyed playing with them, too, because I would get out playdough and other good stuff we didn't always play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad I could be there for you. You are always there for me too!

    ReplyDelete