Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Trains, Tigger and Cinnamon Buns

This week has been a fun one so far!

On Monday we went to Spanish Fork and visited Stacy and Caleb. They were nice enough to invite Jacob over to play with Caleb's trains. Just check out this setup!


Jacob had a great time playing with the trains. He has been really excited about trains lately and I have been looking around trying to decide what kind of trains to get for him. I had been thinking about the wooden ones, but I may have changed my mind. The kind Caleb has are called GeoTrax and they seemed to be a bit more versatile than the wooden trains. There were bridges, towers, stations, tunnels... you name it! Here are Caleb and Jacob playing with the trains:











So maybe for Christmas I will work on finding some trains for Jacob. I know that he would enjoy helping me set them up and playing with them for quite a while. Ephraim will definitely have a good time with them too when he gets a little bit bigger.

Jacob would have stayed all day if I had let him. But we had to get home because I had to work that evening. Stacy also sent me home with some older road bikes that she had sitting around in a shed. Joe is going to work on getting one of them fixed up for me so I can take it out on my morning rides.

Then yesterday we cleaned up most of the morning, ran some errands, and went to playgroup in the park. I love to go sit and chat with everyone. It also wears the kids out so they take great naps. Even little Ephraim! Isn't he a cutie?


Ephraim just loves that little Tigger. When I put him down for the night or for a nap I give him his binky and his Tigger. He likes to hold it in his little hands and press it up against his face. It is so cute.

Then this morning I was working on getting Jacob dressed when he heard the garbage truck and took off running. So I snapped a little photo:

I couldn't help myself... he is so cute! I have been calling him my little cinnamon buns because I think he looks adorable without a hugenormous soggy diaper on his bum. Don't you?

Speaking on nicknames, here is a video where you can hear Jacob call Ephraim "Eper Beeper". Ephraim has been doing great in his little exersaucer. He reaches for the toys and even turns himself around now... and check out how much energy Jacob has. Don't you wish you could bottle some of that?

4 comments:

  1. We went with the wooden trains, but I think Ashton would have been happy with either wooden or GeoTrax. They are both expensive. The nice thing about wooden is that it was easy for Ashton to do by himself, and I had to help him very little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you decide which you like best, we will keep our eyes open for bargains down here. It is a fun toy for all ages. I am sure the grandpas will love to play train just as much or more than the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video is great. I loved hearing Jacob say Eper Beeper! The videos and pictures are so nice for us to see how the boys are doing since we are so far. Keep adding them to the narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How much fun can two boys have! It looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete