Sunday, August 3, 2008

At the Zoo

The end of this week was pretty busy for us. First there was Ephraim's doctor appointment, and then on Thursday we went to Hogle Zoo.

We have been trying to get together with Grandma Heiner, Jeanette and the Kirkham girls, and Deanna and her kids for quite some time. Thursday was the day we finally managed to get everyone there.

Jacob, Ephraim and I rode to the zoo with my friend Stacy and her little boy Caleb. We were supposed to go with my friend Melinda and her daughters, but they couldn't make it. It was nice that Stacy could come even though it was last minute. It is always nice to have someone else to talk to when you are driving somewhere.

We had a fantastic time at the zoo. It was a little bit of a challenge herding everyone along, but I think we managed ok. At least it wasn't pouring out like last time! The kids were excited to see all the animals. We had specific animals that we HAD to see... including the elephants, giraffes, bears and monkeys.

We also had to stop and look at the water fountains. The last time we were at the zoo I thought they looked familiar, but I couldn't think of why. This time Jeanette said she remembered coming to the zoo and seeing these same fountains when we were little.


Not too long after getting to the zoo we stopped to watch the elephant show while Jeanette and I fed our babies. I have to say that I wasn't that impressed with the show. I think next time we will have to catch the "Birds of Flight" show. We walked past after it had already started, and it looked pretty cool.

We even stopped at different statues this time. Here is Jacob riding a rhinoceros.


The Conservation Carousel up and running this time! Jacob got to ride on a zebra and he LOVED it.


I got to spin around on the carousel with him because he was too little to go alone. Bonus! Of course we also had to ride the train at the zoo. We got to take Ephraim with us too.


So the zoo was great... and we all picked up a little souvenir at the gift shop. I got Jacob a whole bunch of little plastic animals and Grandma got him a safari jeep. He has been playing with them ever since we got home. We also picked up a cute little baby giraffe (stuffed, of course)... I said it was for Ephraim, but I may just have to keep it.

By the time we left that afternoon it was HOT. I think we'll try to go to the zoo again this year, however we will wait for the end of August or September when it's cooler. We may also try to pick a day that I don't work in the evening. I had to rush home and then run off to work. What a day!

2 comments:

  1. Busy day (especially with trying to get to work). But it looks like it was a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I had felt well enough to come! We'll have to go again.

    ReplyDelete