Thursday, August 7, 2008

2009 Trek 2.1

When Joe called me from work this afternoon I knew exactly what had happened just from his tone of voice... his new bike had arrived!

His boss let him leave work early and he pedaled his old road bike home as fast as he could. Then we packed everyone up and headed to the Trek store in American Fork. Joe is one of the first people to get this bike model because it is brand new. They actually haven't even officially released them yet! So here are some pictures of Joe's new bike. Don't you think it is gorgeous? I love the white and teal blue fading into navy.



It didn't take long for them to get the bike all adjusted for Joe. He rode it around the parking lot a few times and then we went and picked out his accessories. Unfortunately as soon as they attached everything to the bike we had to head for home because I am at work this evening! So Joe is at home watching the boys with his beautiful new bike sitting out in the garage.

But he will get to ride it to work tomorrow morning and I'm sure it will be FAST! He weighed all our bikes this evening and told me that the Smoothie bike I am riding weighs 35 lbs, his old roadie weighs 30 lbs, and his new bike only weighs 21 lbs... and that's with all the accessories attached! We are very excited for Joe to have a nice new bike to ride to work on.

Go Honey Go!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a neat bike! I like the colors too. I'm sure Joe will really enjoy riding it to work. It will be really fun to ride with you at CASVAR. I can't wait!

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I wonder how much my mountain bike weighs. I hope a lot so I have an excuse for Melanie to school me.

    ReplyDelete