Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sick of the forever fever

What a day.

Jacob woke up at 4:40 a.m. requesting milk. Since he hasn't been eating a lot with this persistent fever he is mostly drinking milk. So I got him his milk and tried to go back to bed. Around 5:10 a.m. Ephraim started to complain from his crib. I guess Jacob and I probably woke him up and he decided that since he was awake he was hungry.

So I tried to pacify him with his binky and get him to go back to sleep. My alarm clock went off at 5:20 a.m. so I could go on my bike ride. I haven't gone for two days because of everything that has been going on. So I got my bike clothes on and then went to feed Ephraim because he would not be placated.

I did get my bike ride in, only to find that Jacob had thrown up a little while I was gone. He was a good boy and made it to the toilet... but it made me SO excited for the day to come. I feel bad for Jacob and wish I could just make it better.

This afternoon the boys are both awake from their naps and we are watching a movie... again. Jacob is still not feeling well. He seemed to be feeling a little better this morning and has been eating a little bit today. But then he woke up from his nap and I could tell he didn't feel great. So I took his temperature and it was 100.6 degrees.

My first thought was... "Not again!" This morning he was down around 99 degrees and I thought we were making progress. So I got out the children's Motrin and hopefully he will feel better soon.

Yesterday I took Jacob to the doctor's office and the doctor said that he probably has a nasty virus and the fever would probably be gone by today (or Not). I do know that he doesn't have strep, appendicitis, or an ear infection. If he still has a fever tomorrow I get to take him back for blood work. Doesn't that sounds like fun?

While Jacob was feeling good this morning we read some books and then he played while I worked on some canning. I made a batch of jam and then started on some salsa. I got the salsa made by lunchtime and then just had to wait for it to cook down. Luckily I managed to get all the salsa in the jars and processed before the boys woke up.

In the time it has taken me to write this, Ephraim has gone down for his afternoon nap. I am going to go sit down by Jacob and work on his quilt while he watches Mulan. I think it is one of the only movies we haven't watched in the past three days.

Here are some cute pictures I have taken in the past week. This first picture is Ephraim at my parents' house. Whenever I change his clothes and diaper he manages to roll away from me. So I decided to take a picture to blackmail him with later. :o)

Ephraim seems to sleep on his tummy a lot lately. I don't know if it's accidental, or if he just prefers it. Either way, it's cute.

With Mommy and Daddy riding their bikes all the time, Jacob wants to get in on it too. Of course he needs to wear a helmet just like we do. Isn't he a cutie?


Feel better soon buddy.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than a sick boy.

    We are praying that he will be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are the worst kinds of days. Hopefully Jacob will feel better and he won't have to get any blood work done. I can't believe how much you get done while your home!!!

    ReplyDelete