Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My little fish

At the end of last month I decided that it would be fun to get Jacob a little swimming pool. I thought he would enjoy water that doesn't splash in his face. So I started looking around at various stores. Apparently I completely missed the appropriate buying season in Utah because I couldn't find the kind of pool I wanted ANYWHERE (I wish I had because they were all on clearance!). Anyway, I checked K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target, Shopko, the dollar stores, you name it.

I was about to give up when I thought to ask my mom if she could find any there in Wyoming. She went to a local store and they had about 6 different kinds of pools to choose from! Go figure! So she picked one up and mailed it to us.

We got the pool last week and set it up in the back yard. Since then we have played in the pool nearly every day. It's a great size because I can even get in it with Jacob! We were playing "Ring around the Rosies" in it and Jacob was having a blast with the "and we all fall down" part. Just check out his face.

He also took his bath toys outside and played with them in the pool. We squirted each other with the rubber duckies and Jacob thought it was hilarious to dump water on my shoulders and back. We have had a lot of fun.

Then yesterday I decided that we needed to move the pool so we wouldn't kill the grass. Jacob kindly helped me empty the pool, then I moved it so he could help me refill it.


I think later this week we may invite some of Jacob's friends over to play with us in the pool. It should be a lot of fun.

Thanks for the pool Grandma Heiner!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great group of photos. It is amazing that your mom found one in Wyoming. Maybe it is a supply and demand thing because there are none here in Arizona either. We have a higher demand with our 100 degree temperatures we have had, even yesterday, but ou would think they would have a bigger supply.

    Having an end of summer party sounds great. Get out the slip and slide and Emily will be wanting to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete