Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yummy Yucky

Happy Birthday Alyssa!
This morning Jacob and I went to Alyssa's Elmo birthday party. She is two years old today and was very much looking forward to her party. Jacob was excited to go to the Smith's house and play outside in the water. Unfortunately when we got up this morning it was pouring buckets outside. So we knew there would be no water fun today! (unless we wanted to stand outside and get wet!)

We still had a great time at the party. The kids got to decorate some cute hats with stickers and play with Alyssa's toys. We had lunch and then Alyssa opened her presents. She was very excited by the cute Elmo shirt and socks that we got for her. After the presents we had cupcakes and ice cream. Jacob really enjoyed the red-frosted cupcakes. He got frosting all over his face and told me how yummy they were.



Watching Jacob eat the cupcakes reminded me of a funny incident that happened at the house a little while ago. We have a library book checked out called "Yummy, Yucky" that Jacob just loves. It says things like "Blueberries are yummy" and then "Blue Crayons are Yucky". At first we would read the book and Jacob would give me the right answers. Then he started to give me the wrong answers on purpose and then laugh about it. For example:
Me: Worms are...
Jacob: Yummy!
Me: Spaghetti is...
Jacob: Yucky!
One afternoon I was sitting on the swing while Jacob played in the sand. He came up to me and said "Sand!" Sure enough, his mouth was full of sand. Since this was actually on one of the pages in the book I said "Jacob! Sand is..." to which he responded "Yummy!" What a character.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun birthday party! I'm glad you had such a good time. I have caught up with your posts. Keep up the good work. I love to read them.

    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete