Saturday, June 7, 2008

On the Road Again

Yesterday morning Grandpa and Grandma Devereaux headed back to Tucson. We had so much fun with them at our house and the days went by too quickly. Jacob will especially miss waking up in the morning and going down to the basement to "find" his grandparents and "play Cars" with Grandpa. I know Joe and I will miss being able to send Jacob downstairs to see his grandparents at 6 or 6:30 a.m.!

As a matter of fact, yesterday Jacob asked me to "play Cars" with him several times. He now has an entire Cars fleet, thanks to Grandpa Devereaux. Jacob loves his cars and knows them all by name. It is by far his favorite movie ever.

Jacob stayed up late on Thursday night and didn't wake up until almost 8 a.m. yesterday. That is practically a record for our early bird. Apparently he still didn't get enough sleep because he was grouchy all day. He even took a four hour nap in the afternoon, which was nice because it was the only peace that I had all day! I'm sure he just misses his grandparents and all the added attention that he got with them here. I don't know if he realizes that they are really gone. When I asked him if he knew where Grandpa was he replied, "at work". I am sure he'll figure it out soon and hopefully he will return to his usual cheerful self in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment