Friday, June 20, 2008

Huck Finn Day

Pleasant Grove is celebrating Strawberry Days this week. We haven't really attended any of the activities because Jacob is still a little young to enjoy most of them and Joe and I are not interested in crowds, heat, rides, and cheap trinkets. The one activity that we did decide to attend was Huck Finn Day at Battlecreek Park. I heard that it was fun and that there were pony rides, so we had to check it out. I got the boys ready early this morning (which is never a problem for us) and we got there as soon as it started to avoid the lines.

It's a good thing we got there when we did because by the time we left the line for the pony rides was VERY long. We only had to wait for about 20 minutes and Jacob got more and more excited the closer we got.

I was afraid that Jacob would get scared and change his mind about riding the ponies when we got to the front of the line. But he marched right up there and let them put him on a pony and went for a ride. Here is a picture of my little cowboy.

Jacob enjoyed his pony ride, but the part he loved most about Huck Finn Day was the pond they made for people to go fishing. We didn't really see any fish, but I had a hard time getting Jacob out of the water. He waded and splashed and had a great time.




We had fun and left before it got too hot. It was a gorgeous day today and it looks like summer has finally arrived. When I got home I went and checked the strawberry patch (as I chased the birds away). It looks like we will be having strawberries and ice cream for dessert tonight!

Happy Strawberry Days!

2 comments:

  1. I will put the picture of Jacob on the horse in our album next to the one we have with Steve as a young boy and the one we have with Joseph on Goldie in Odgen. It will be a great three generation album page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huck Finn is a fun event. Glad you enjoyed it. The strawberry's look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete