Monday, June 9, 2008

Where's that binky?

Ever since we brought him home from the hospital, Ephraim has preferred the Soothie-type pacifier that they (accidentally) gave him. We tried to give him the kind that Jacob liked (Avent), but Ephraim just spit them out. So we went out and bought a couple more because as we all know, binkies grow legs and run away from time to time!

To solve our disappearing binky problems, my friend Melinda helped me make some adorable binky clips this morning.

I had seen baby Sara with some cute binky clips, so I asked Melinda to show me how to make them. So the boys and I headed over to her house to utilize her knowledge, tools and supplies. It can be difficult to make "boyish" looking beaded straps, but I think these turned out great, don't you?



We had a great time at Melinda's house. I had fun working with the beads and talking to Melinda. Jacob enjoyed playing with Laura and checking out the toys they have at their house. Little Sara wasn't too sure she liked her mommy holding another baby, but for the most part she liked Ephraim... and Laura was so cute and cuddly with him!

I told Jacob we were going to Laura's house this morning, and I guess he felt like he needed to get ready. Check out this cute photo of him combing his hair! They grow up fast, don't they?

On Saturday we gave all the boys haircuts (including Ephraim!). I cut Joe's hair and he did the boys' hair. Jacob used to cry so hard when we cut his hair! This time he did much better because we used a new razor that Grandpa Devereaux got for us when he was visiting. It is much quieter and therefore less scary.

Ephraim was starting to get the rubbed-off hairline on the back of his head, so we cut his long locks underneath a little shorter. It will be interesting to see if he turns blonde like his brother did, or if we will get to have a brunette and a blonde.

4 comments:

  1. The background looks nice and does give the blog some punch.

    I think the binky clips will be really handy when you are away from the house. That way you don't have to worry about them hitting the ground--yucky!

    Glad to hear the new clippers are better for Jacob. He'll have to learn how to cut hair, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun! We need to get together and craft on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah,

    I like the Binky Blings. Jeanette and I thought it be a good idea to attach one to the car seat. She is going to do that with one for Samantha. Yes can you tell I'm at Jeanette's.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete