Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sleeping Beeper

Today I was having a challenging morning. There were some things I wanted to go do (like fabric and craft store shopping), but I knew having the boys with me would make it hard (and not so fun). For little boys there is nothing worse than being made to go to a store that they think is SO boring.

In the end I decided to skip fabric shopping and just go get some yarn for some cute hat patterns I bought online. Just going to Roberts with them was challenging enough for me at this point in my pregnancy. (Especially when I discovered the big mess they made downstairs that we got to clean up just before we left). When we got home I let the boys have a picnic downstairs while watching PBS. I ate upstairs by myself, enjoying a little peace and quiet.

My afternoon turned out a bit better than the morning. Ephraim didn't want to take a nap and got upset about it, but I know he still needs one. Sure enough, he fell asleep pretty quickly. When I looked in on him this afternoon I couldn't help but remember that my boys are one of the best parts of my life. They may be challenging sometimes, but I love them to the moon and back (as Jacob would say).


Don't you just love the way Ephraim sleeps with his hands behind his head? He is so stinking cute that you can't help but love him and want to cuddle with him. He really is a sweet boy.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really cute picture of him, it's a good thing they sleep a lot so we can enjoy them when they are peaceful and quiet.

    ReplyDelete