Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a really fun Valentine's Day at our house this year.

Since the boys were both coughing, on Sunday we decided to only take them to sacrament meeting. That way they would not catch anything else or get anyone else sick. When the boys and I came home from sacrament meeting I put Ephraim to bed and then Jacob and I started working on his Valentine's. Here is what we made:


Jacob really enjoyed making rockets with me and I think they turned out pretty well!

Then I finished my preparations for preschool. Yep! We had preschool at our house on Valentine's Day, which was so much fun. I read books about Valentine's and we played some fun games. In an effort to stay relaxed and keep my blood pressure low, I had Karyn come over and help me. Turns out it was a good thing she did because Ephraim had an accident just as we were about to get started. Ugh! So I got to clean him up. But after that everything went just fine.

One thing that we did was decorate and eat heart-shaped sugar cookies. Of course I was so busy that I didn't get a lot of pictures. I did manage to catch Ephraim eating his cookie. What a cutie!


The kids had all brought Valentine's to exchange, so for our craft I made some cute heart shaped baskets/holders out of paper plates and let the kids decorate them and write their names on them. I thought they turned out really well.

We let them each give out their Valentines one at a time, which was fun. Then we even had the presence of mind to take these pictures. So here is Jacob's preschool class:

From left: Micah, Jacob, Ephraim, Stephen, Sofi, Katelynn and Clara (Ephraim's friend).

I think the kids all had a fun day at preschool.

Besides preschool, we had a good Valentine's Day. First of all, while I was at work on Thursday night something appeared on the wall of my bedroom:

Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? The sign says "I will always keep falling in love with you". I did not notice it on Thursday night, but when I woke up on Friday I spotted it right away. When I asked Jacob about it he told me, "yeah. Daddy put it up while you were gone last night but we aren't supposed to tell you about it." How funny.

Then on Monday morning before preschool there were several Valentine's gifts on the table. The first of which were some yummy chocolates from Grandpa Devereaux. He got a box for all of us, which the boys thought was pretty cool!

There were also some surprises on the table, like this little green clean machine. We have wanted one for a while to spot clean our carpets, and Joe found a good deal on one at Costco. Thanks Love!

There was also a rice cooker for me. We have been meaning to get one so we can buy all different kinds of rice instead of just instant (like brown rice, jasmine rice, long grain rice, etc). It is cheaper to buy plain rice, and it won't be hard to cook because the rice cooker knows just how long to cook it. It will even delay cook the rice for me so I can tell it when I want it to be done. Too cool!


The only thing that was a bummer about Valentine's Day was that Joe was teaching his class at UVU, since it was Monday night. So he didn't get home until late. But I did get to talk to him and text him throughout the day, which was fun.

We had a good day. I can't wait to try out my rice cooker and the carpet cleaner! I am sure that we will eat up our yummy chocolate in no time as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment