Saturday, February 26, 2011

Once Fred was a Snowman

Friday morning we woke up to find the driveway and the grass covered with snow! Normally this wouldn't really make me happy, but today I didn't mind because Joe took the day off from work. He was supposed to have President's Day off (Monday), however there were some things he needed to get done at work, so he went in that day after all. Actually, he spent a lot of time at work this week. By the time Friday rolled around he had already put in his 40 hours for the week in the previous 4 days!

So it was nice to have Joe home on Friday. First Daddy and the boys went outside to shovel the driveway. Check out our great helpers!


I think the boys are so cute with their hats and snow shovels! They do a pretty good job too.

It is a good thing that Daddy has such great helpers, because I am definitely no help at all at this point!

It was funny because I was trying to get action shots of the boys shoveling and Jacob kept stopping and smiling for me to take his picture. What a little poser. You can see that is what he is doing behind Ephraim in the above photo.
I love that the boys are such good helpers for their Daddy!


After they finished shoveling, Daddy helped the boys make a snowman. They really wanted to make one, and the snow was pretty wet and sticky. I couldn't help but laugh at the lineup of shovels that sat in the carport while they were making their snowmen.


Here is a cute photo of Jacob and Ephraim rolling their snowballs. Jacob had the middle one and Ephraim got to roll out the head.

They did a pretty good job if you ask me!

I only managed to get these few pictures of them working on their snowman because then my camera battery died! So I got out the video camera and took a movie instead. I will have to work on getting that posted later.


The snowman that the boys made with Daddy turned out great! He was about as tall as Jacob, and the boys decided to name him Fred. Here is Jacob and Ephraim with Fred the snowman.


I helped the boys make Fred's face, and I think it turned out so cute! The hat was a little bit small, but I don't think Fred really cared.


Jacob and Ephraim both instantly fell in love with Fred. Ephraim even wanted to give Fred a hug. What a pair of cuties!


Of course this time of year the snow rarely lasts long. After building the snowman we all ran to Orem to do a little shopping. By the time we got home before 2 p.m., Fred's head had already fallen off and he was melting quickly. The boys were SO sad.

Jacob got all sad and teary-eyed and Ephraim told me "I sad Fred is melting. I'll never see Fred again." Luckily I could tell the boys that they could see Fred whenever they wanted because I took lots of pictures of him that morning. That cheered them both up quite a bit. I also told them that if we get another good snowstorm we can always build another snowman!

This morning the lawn does not have any snow on it except for a little ball that was Fred's body. I can't believe how quickly all that snow melted!

1 comment:

  1. I should take a picture of our front yard so you can see how much snow we have. Fred should move Star Valley, he'd have a long life up here, but by now he'd probably be buried up to his neck in snow.

    ReplyDelete