Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's mailboxes

I wish I had more time to make crafts. I love to sew, crochet, make cards and create fun home decor items. But with two boys, a baby on the way, and two part-time jobs, I often just can't seem find the time.

So recently I have been trying to make crafts that do not take a lot of time. One thing that I have been doing a lot lately is crocheting. I discovered that very few people know how to crochet, so I decided that crocheted baby hats would make the perfect gift. I have also made some really cute crocheted hats and diaper covers for the new baby. I can't wait to post pictures of her in them.

Luckily for me I also have a crafty sister who comes up with great ideas and allows me to copy them. While she was visiting for my baby sprinkle, my sister found these cute mailboxes for a dollar at Target. What could be more perfect for Valentine's Day?

So I picked up enough for my family (including the baby) and Jeanette was kind enough to cut vinyl hearts and names so I could embellish the mailboxes. Aren't they cute?


For the past week my boys have been busy creating cards to fill everyone's mailboxes. Then they put up the flag and anxiously wait for the recipient to get the mail in their box. They have made cards for Mommy, Daddy, each other and  even for their new baby sister, which is so cute that my heart just melts.

Each day after his nap and first thing in the morning Ephraim checks his mailbox and comes to tell me of his disappointment if there is not a note or piece of candy in there. It makes me laugh.

I love this new Valentine's Day tradition! It is a great way for us to express our love for each other the entire month. What could be better than that?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE them! I wish I had luck finding them. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete