Saturday, January 29, 2011

How to Be a Chill Mom

Thank goodness January is almost over!

January is always the hardest month for me. It is miserably cold outside and it seems if I am going to be sick, it will be in January. This year I caught a cold and got a stomach bug in the past month.  So much fun when you are pregnant, right?

Not only is it cold outside, January is the darkest month of the year and the kids are just tired of being inside. When you add to that the fact that I am very pregnant and thus cranky and tired, that is when things get a bit miserable at times.

So today I decided that Jacob and Ephraim NEEDED to go play outside. Regardless of the weather. So we decided to go to the park. Daddy got home at dinner time last night and was working on edging in the baby's room, so I thought the boys could use something else to do besides bugging daddy all morning.

Yep. I took my boys to play outside when it was not quite 40 degrees outside.  Am I crazy, or what?


We would have gone to a fast food restaurant with a playplace, but we actually already did that once this week and I didn't want to go there and not buy anything... so it was the park or nothing.

Crazy or not, Jacob and Ephraim think I am awesome because they had a fantastic time!  When we got to the park I thought we might have to go home because some of the slides were wet and there was a bit of frost on the shady parts. But I was determined to make this work. So I got the shop towels out of the van and wiped the slides as best I could.

Then I gave each of the boys a couple of shop towels to put under their bums as they went down the twirly slide ('cause there was no way I was going to wipe down that whole slide 7 1/2 months pregnant!)


The boys thought that was the best idea ever! They didn't want to go home and they loved feeling like they were "sledding" down the slide on their towels. They went down over and over and were so cute that I had to take some pics with my camera phone.


We stayed at the park for over an hour and I think the only one that was cold at all was me! Ephraim even came to me and said he was hot and wanted to take his hat off, to which I said "No Way!".

I may have been freezing sitting out there on a bench, but the boys were on top of the world!


My boys ran around, climbed the slides, went down the slide together, giggled and had a blast. So I guess my crazy idea wasn't so crazy after all. I may have been a bit cold, but my boys sure think I am a cool mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment