Monday, January 3, 2011

Funny Boys

Here are some funny things that the boys said and did in December.


This morning Michelle Sodorberg took Jacob to preschool for me. She told me that as they were driving to the Esplin's house, Jacob was looking out the window and said, "Wow! Look at that snow vacuum!"

It was a snowblower, which he apparently hasn't ever really seen before. How funny!

-------------------------

I dressed Ephraim in pants and a belt because the pants were practically new but the waist is too big. After going to the bathroom we had the following conversation:

Ephraim: I not need belt.
Me: Yes, you do! Your pants will fall right off because you have a skinny bum.
Ephraim: I don't have a skinny bum.
Me: You don't?
Ephraim: No. I have happy bum!

---------------------
Me: Wow, Ephraim! Did you already eat your roll?
Joe: Yes, he did.
Jacob: Ephraim is quite the roll man.
Ephraim: No. 'Tato head.
Me: You're not a roll man, you're a potato head?
Ephraim: No. I Ephraim!

----------------

Lately when I ask Ephraim to give me five, he will put his hand up to smack my hand but before he will give me five he tells me, "You say ow!". That way he knows he is a tough boy and smacked your hand hard enough to make it hurt.
-----------------

Me: Ephraim, Grandpa and Grandma Heiner will be here later today!
Ephraim: Grandpa and Grandma not come later, Grandpa and Grandma come at ours house!
----------------

At breakfast:
Me: Let me put some milk in your cereal.
Ephraim: I don't want milk.
Me: I think you'll change your mind!
Ephraim: I not change my mind. I change my underwear!
----------------------------

Speaking of Ephraim's little behind... while we were headed to Ikea to get some things for my parents, we were discussing how the sun was hiding behind a cloud/fog, but the sun did come up that morning, when all of the sudden Ephraim says, "Yeah. Sun come up out of my bum!"

Apparently for Ephraim there isn't really a place where the sun doesn't shine. (haha!)
------------------------------

Ephraim: Mommy, I tr---ing Daddy.
Me (confused): You're bugging Daddy?
Ephraim: No! I'm tracking Daddy.
Me: Why are you tracking Daddy?
Ephraim: I turn Daddy into frog. Daddy say, "ribbit-ribbit". We not talk to Daddy.
Me: So Daddy's a frog?
Ephraim: Yep. Daddy say "Ribbit-ribbit!"
Me (as Jacob walked in): Jacob, is Daddy a frog?
Jacob: No. Daddy is a boy. But not a boy frog.
-----------------------------

At the Heiner Family Christmas party there was some yummy fudge that the boys really liked. It is obvious that we don't have fudge very often because Ephraim didn't really know what we were saying. So he kept telling us, "I want more pudge!". Which just made us laugh.
--------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing the fund things your boys say. I'm glad you write them down and share them with everyone. I want some pudge too.

    ReplyDelete