Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Weekend

Friday Emily flew in to Salt Lake to visit us over conference weekend. Since we were headed north for Joe's mission reunion, she spent the afternoon with a friend and we picked her up on her way to Bountiful. The boys were excited to see Aunt Emily and I was really glad that she would be at the reunion. Ephraim was doing so well with going to the potty that I didn't really think anything about taking him to the reunion in his underwear. After all, I could take him to the bathroom fairly often, right?



I learned my lesson! Taking your potty-training son to a party at a large and gorgeous home in underwear is just asking for a horrific accident, no matter how well he's been doing. We had not been at the mission reunion for too much over an hour when Ephraim proceeded to poop his pants before telling me he needed to go potty. Of course I didn't realize this until after I had pulled his pants down and managed to get poop on my hands, his shirt, and his pants! Yuck!

So I text Joe and tell him to go get the spare underwear and pants from the van. He didn't answer. While cleaning up the shirt in the sink, Ephraim on the potty decides to send a golden stream right onto the rug. This is SO not helping!! I am thinking... Why isn't Joe coming with new underwear/clothes?! My face is getting red. So I am standing in the bathroom with a naked boy, washing the shirt, etc. and cleaning him up in the shower while he screams about it. Finally I called Joe on the phone. Turns out he didn't get my text and he and Emily and Jacob were down by the river at the back of the property. But he hurried to the van and he got me the spares. At this point I am physically and emotionally spent. Ephraim got to  spend the rest of the evening in a diaper, pants and a wet shirt. *sigh*

Saturday we got to hang out with Emily and listen to conference. While Joe attended the priesthood session we drove to the big Joanns in South Jordan. We had a good time shopping for fabric, even though the store was super crowded.

Then on Sunday Emily and I took a trip to temple square in Salt Lake City to attend general conference. We had fun riding Trax from Sandy all the way to Temple Square. I didn't want to bring my camera since the tickets said it would not be allowed in the conference center., but I thought this picture from my cell phone was pretty awesome.


As you can see, we were sitting WAY up high in the balcony. We actually ended up sitting right behind Pres. and Sister Kern from Arizona. Sister Kern introduced me to her son, which was funny because I was the Primary music leader when he was still in Primary. Makes you want to start singing, "It's a small word", doesn't it?

After conference we passed by the temple. I got a really cool picture of it on my cell phone.
It was unbelievable how many people poured out of the conference center when the meeting was finished! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since the conference center holds 21,000 people and nearly every seat was filled!

On Monday we had to take Aunt Emily back to the airport. While we were waiting for Jacob to finish with preschool, Ephraim and Emily had some fun together on the piano. Ephraim was really good at playing the low notes whenever Emily asked him to. It was really cute!


We had a fun weekend, but we did an awful lot of driving the past four days! On our way to the airport Ephraim decided he had enough of it and completely passed out. It cracked me up to look behind me in the van and see him back there all slumped down with his mouth wide open.


No comments:

Post a Comment