Friday, October 22, 2010

The Boys Say the Funniest Things!

Lately it seems that both of the boys have been saying the most hilarious things, either in conversation with one another or with Mommy or Daddy. Here are some of the ones that I have remembered to write down:

People often ask me now if we know whether we are having a boy or a girl. Here is how the rest of the conversation usually goes:
Me: "We get to find out what we are having the first part of November"
Jacob: "You're having a baby!"
------------

Jacob: "Ephraim, turn your siren off!"
-----------

I was in the bathroom when Ephraim walked up to me and said:
"Mommy, what you doing here? Painting yours face?"

(actually Ephraim often asks us, "what you doing here?" and we think it's the cutest!)
--------------

Jacob: "It's dark outside!"
Ephraim: "You better turn yours lights on!"
-----------

Jacob: "I always have a hard day sometimes."
-----------

Ephraim: "Cows live in barns. Cows say, 'Click, clack, moo!'"
(you can tell we read a lot. This is from a book called, Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen Cronin, which the boys love)
 ----------------

Jacob: "Guess what Mommy?"
Me: "What?"
Jacob: When we went to Katelynn's house for Preschool today her mommy was already fixing dinner and it was stinky! We thought Cameron had a poopy diaper, but it was the dinner!"
Me (laughing): "Oh really?"
Jacob: "Yes! And the smell went into my nose. Then the smell went out of my nose. Then in... then out!"
-----------------

Me: "Darn. It looks like there is no story time today. I know, let's go on a photo safari instead!"
Jacob: "Wahoo! Ephraim, we are going on a photo Ferrari!"
-----------------

Ephraim is very curious and asks us what different things are all the time. The funny thing about it is the way he says it. Ephraim asks, "Who's this, Daddy?" when pointing at inanimate objects.
--------------------

At the dinner table we had the following conversation"
Me: "Honey, do you want any ranch dressing for your roast?"
Joe: "No, I'm good."
Me: "Ok. I was just asking because for some reason the boys seem to like to dip their meat."
Jacob: "Why do we like to dip our meat?"
Me: "Maybe it's because you are dips."
Jacob: "Yeah! I'm a dip!"
Ephraim: "I'm a dip too!"
(much laughter ensues)
------------------------

Ephraim is excited that he and Jacob get to be Buzz Lightyear this year for Halloween. He also knows that Daddy is going to dress up as Zurg. So randomly Ephraim will walk up to Daddy and say:
"Daddy, you be Jurg!" and Joe often replies, "What?!" because it sounds a lot like he's saying "Daddy, you be jerk!"
-----------------

As you know, we have been potty training Ephraim. It has actually been going well and we are at the point where he rarely has any accidents. The funny thing is that Ephraim refers to his male anatomy as a hose.  I am pretty sure he came up with that one on his own! Anyway, when he goes to the potty he will often say things like, "I hosing" or even, "My hose on. Now my hose off. It's on again!" What a silly boy!
-------------------

Now that it's close to Halloween we have been reading a lot of stories about witches, ghosts, bats, trick-or-treating, costumes, etc. One thing we see a lot of is jack-o-lanterns. Ephraim always gets me laughing because he refers to them as "junk-o-lanterns"!

3 comments:

  1. Those are some good ones!!! Hose on!! You just made me smile. I love the dip story as well!! Good laughs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...that "Jurg" story is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know what they are going to come up with. That's why you have to listen so you won't miss the fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete