Saturday, October 16, 2010

Visit to Daddy's New Office

This weekend is Fall break at UVU. This means that there is almost no one on campus. Since there would be some significant downtime, it was the perfect opportunity for Joe to migrate all the virtual machines from one management server to another. This involved several campus-wide systems going down for short periods of time, so Joe decided to start Friday evening.

So after working all day, he was going to work most of the evening as well. The boys and I decided to come visit Daddy and bring him some pizza for dinner. We got to eat with Daddy and see where he is currently working. They are actually working on rebuilding his office area, so we won't get to see his actual office until it is done.

The boys had a great time seeing where Daddy works. After dinner we left his office, but the fun didn't end there. First I had to check out the cool sunset.


Then we walked around the ponds that are east of the administration building (where Joe's office is). The boys thought it was fun to see the ponds, and I was just sad the fountains weren't on. So I decided to take them to the courtyard to see the water fountains there.

Both of the boys thought the waterfall was really cool. Apparently Ephraim also thought it was a little bit noisy.


They both jumped up and down and watched the water for the longest time. It is kind of fun because you can see the water falling down from both sides.

The lower part of the water feature where the water falls down the slabs of concrete were also fun for the boys. They liked to jump from one big square to another.


Luckily they were pretty big and it didn't make me too nervous for them to do that. I also made sure that they didn't run.


I am sure that we have taken one or both of the boys to see the fountain before, perhaps while I worked at UVU too, but they were probably too young to remember it! It was getting dark, so we walked back under the hall of flags and along the little hill next to the admin building. I had to stop and take a picture of the cool bushes that were growing there. I thought they were pretty and colorful.


The boys and I had a good evening. By the time we got home it was time to go to bed. I stayed up late, but still got in bed before Joe, who showed up sometime after midnight. Luckily the migration was all going pretty well and he figured he would be able to finish up today.

3 comments:

  1. Late night at work, yuck!! But I bet a visit from you and the kids made it better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool waterfall, I think I would have just stood and stared at it for a long time too.

    ReplyDelete