Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Parties and the Ghost Shirt

This week Jacob and I have both been lucky enough to have some Halloween parties to attend. First I had a party on Wednesday evening at my friend Melinda's house. She threw the most fabulous Witch's Brew! All the ladies who came got to dress up like witches and decorate their own witches hat.

I finished my hat on Saturday after the boys went to sleep. I ran to the craft store, got inspired and used a whole bunch of leaves and hot glue. I think my hat turned out pretty well, don't you think?


I even dressed up for the occasion. I wore a black skirt and shirt. I was planning on wearing some stripey tights, but they didn't fit me! Hmmm... maybe it's the baby bump? Anyway, I think I looked pretty darn good.

Melinda was kind enough to take this picture for me. I also stole the rest of these photos from her. There were several ladies from my ward at the party, as well as Melinda's current ward and her family. We all mixed and mingled and had a great time... especially after Melinda had us mix ourselves up a bit.


Here is a picture of all there PG ladies that attended the brew. From left to right is Andrea Morrell, Andrea Brown, Karyn Esplin, Julie Stuart, me and the fabulous Melinda.


Doesn't our hats all look fabulous! I didn't end up winning a prize, but I sure did have fun making my hat! There is one other thing I forgot to mention! Melinda had the best food at the party! Yummy squash and tomato soups, bread bowls, scrumptious salad, and yummy punch! Check out the cute decor on the tables too!


I had a blast! It was a nice break from my house full of boys.

Then today Jacob got to go to a Halloween party at Alyssa's house. Jacob really wanted to wear his costume, but Alyssa is just getting comfortable with costumes and dressing up. So they requested no costumes for this party. Since Jacob desperately wanted to wear something "Halloween-y" I whipped up this shirt for him:


Not bad, huh? I cut out a ghost from white fabric using a template I found online. Then I took a dark colored shirt that he already had and basted the ghost onto it. I don't intend for the ghost to be a permanent feature, just for the next week or so. That way Jacob can still look festive, even when it isn't time to wear his costume yet!

Jacob loved his ghost shirt. As a matter of fact he told me that I am the best and nicest Mommy ever! So I guess it was worth it. He also had a great time at the party! He is so excited for Halloween, and I can't wait for all the fun activities we have up for next week!

3 comments:

  1. I dislike dressing up, but it was okay to dress up like a witch with a festive hat. I like your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hats hope you all had a good time. It's nice mother and son could enjoy a good party!

    ReplyDelete