Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Snow in October!

This morning when I woke up I was shocked to find that there was about 3 inches of snow on the ground! We almost never get snow in October, so it was a bit strange to see the trees covered with colored leaves AND snow!


After breakfast I had to run outside and take some pictures of the snow on our trees because I knew that it wouldn't last the entire day! Here is our aspen tree, and as you can see, most of the leaves are actually still green!

The sky was still overcast and gray and Mount Timpanogos was nowhere to be seen!


The boys had preschool and playgroup today, so we got ready to go. When I left the house I took this picture from the van. Pretty surreal for October, isn't it? At least it is in Pleasant Grove!


Since the boys were in costume for their activities, I had to run and take their pictures in the snow! We went over to the bushes on the side of the cemetery and I stepped out and plopped both of the boys in the snow.


You can see that the snow is actually pretty deep! No little boy shoes to be seen! If you look closely you can actually see where I stepped into the snow to put the boys over by the bushes!


What good sports they are to let Mommy throw them in the snow for a photo-op! Aren't they cute in their Buzz Lightyear costumes and wings?

Jacob got to go to Preschool dressed up today, and he had a great time. Here are all the kids in his preschool class all dressed up.
There is Jacob, Micah, Stephen, Sofi, and Katelynne.

Ephraim and I got to go to Karyn's new house for preschool. We had a great time playing there, doing a craft, and oohing over her beautiful home. She lives WAY up on the mountainside. Just check out the view as I headed back down to get Jacob!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad all that snow melted! Jacob's preschool class looks like they have a good time together. I'm sure they'll all be good friends when they go to school too.

    ReplyDelete