Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Friday evening was our ward's annual trunk-or-treat. So right after we finished dinner we all got dressed to go over to the church. The boys had no problem with my costume, but when Joe put on his hood and mask Ephraim went screaming from the room! He was terrified of Daddy!


We had to tell Ephraim several times that it was just Daddy in there. He finally believed us, but for a while there he kept asking, "That's you Daddy?" and "You are nice Daddy?".  It was pretty funny.

This year they had a little carnival in the church before the trunk-or-treat. We got there late, which was fine because the number of activities was limited. The boys did the ring toss, had their pictures taken and did a cake walk for some prizes. Daddy had to stay outside because he was wearing a mask, but I don't think he really minded all that much.

After the carnival was over we headed out for the trunk-or-treat. Here is a picture of all of us dressed up in our costumes.


I did manage to re-use my Jesse costume so I could be part of the Toy Story gang. But if you look closely you can see that I am wearing a band under my shirt so that I could wear the pants unbuttoned. There was no way they would fit me with my little baby bump now that I am 19 weeks pregnant!

The boys had fun walking around with Daddy. It was funny to see all the kids react to the Zurg costume. It seems no one really remembers that he was Zurg last year, and they were pretty impressed with the whole get up. Here is a picture of Zurg and his two little Buzzes walking around the trunk-or-treat.

Jacob had a bit more fun than Ephraim did at the trunk-or-treat. It's not that Ephraim didn't enjoy getting candy, he was just more distracted by all the people in their costumes and the general confusion of the whole scene. He also didn't like the people that had dressed up in scary costumes and would try to avoid them. I think Ephraim will enjoy trick-or-treating a bit more than he did the trunk-or-treat.


The sun was just setting as the trunk or treat ended, and the clouds were awesome! So Joe let me drive the van up the hill so I could take a picture. Just check out these colors! So gorgeous.


I also managed a nice shot of the Mount Timpanogos temple with my zoom lens. We were pretty far away from the temple, and I was impressed with how nicely the photo turned out.

2 comments:

  1. The temple at sunrise and sunset is my favorite and I try to catch at least one of them each day. Now if I miss it I can come and look at your beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would be scared of Zurg too!

    ReplyDelete