Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pool Take Two

Finally it has warmed up, so today we filled the pool to let the water warm up. While Ephraim was taking a nap this afternoon I told Jacob to "go outside and check the temperature of the water in the pool". I wanted him to tell me if he thought the water was getting warmer.

After a few minutes Jacob came downstairs with our digital thermometer (dripping wet) in his hand to show me what the pool's "temperature" was! It cracked me up that he took me so literally!


What a funny boy.

After Ephraim woke up the boys got to play in the pool. They had so much fun!

Jacob and Ephraim were chasing each other around, growling like monsters. Occasionally Ephraim could come up to the side of the pool where I was watching and yell, "Rrraaahhhhrrrr!

I love this picture where I caught him in mid-roar. It makes me smile.

Jacob and Ephraim both splashed an had a great time. Jacob loves to splash, but is not so sure about getting his face wet!
The big hit of the evening was definitely the watering can. They thought it was great fun to dunk it under the water, fill it up, and then pour the water back out.

I had to make sure that they both got a turn to play with it. It was funny to watch Ephraim because he would fill it up until it was almost too full for him to lift! This picture makes me laugh because he is pouring the water into a cup that has holes in the bottom!

The boys did a great job at sharing and playing together in the pool. I can tell we are going to have a lot of fun with it this summer!


I'll have to remember to get out our slip-n-slide and waterball too. Between the pool and sprinkler toys we should have a ton of fun getting wet this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment