Friday, June 18, 2010

Huck Finn Day

As part of Strawberry Days for the past few years we have gone to Huck Finn Day. The crowds are usually a bit crazy, so we get there as soon as it starts. This year I got there just before 9 a.m. and still ended up parking out on the street instead of in the parking lot at the park. So we walked across the street and immediately got in line to ride the ponies.

It was crazy to me how many people were already waiting before the ponies even got there! We only waited about 1/2 hour or so, and both the boys got to take a ride.

Even more insane was how long the line was by the time we finished! The next thing Jacob wanted to do was head for the bounce houses. Ephraim and Jacob had a great time climbing up...

and sliding down! I wasn't sure if Ephraim would be able to climb up by himself, but I should have known that he would do just fine. He is a climber, after all!

I finally convinced Jacob to go down on his rear end instead of on his tummy! So fun!

Next we went to the bounce house, since we already had our shoes off. The boys had a great time jumping around in there and laughing!

I had to bribe them with the donut walk to get them out of the bounce house!

By the time we finished these activities the lines for all the other kiddie games (like tic tac toe, ring toss, face painting, etc) were INSANELY long. So we headed down to the water.

The boys had fun walking around, looking for fish in the pond created especially for this occasion.



They both got a little wet of course, but I was excited that this year no one fell in!

We headed back up the hill and I asked Jacob if he wanted to wait in line for some more games or just go home. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that we could go home. Wahoo! We did manage to score a couple of prizes and candy, but I sure didn't want to wait in line for a few more hours.

I am glad we got there early so the boys had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment