Friday, June 4, 2010

Fire Station Party

Friday (June 4) was a busy day for us. We had to get ready and pack up our stuff to drive to Logan so I could ride in Little Red Riding Hood and complete my first century of the year. Joe even took the day of. He ended up working on the swamp cooler while the boys and I were gone in the morning.

Where did we go? Jacob had a birthday party to go to! Jacob's friend Scott invited him to come to a tour of the fire station. Jacob was so excited! We drove to the fire station and all the boys got a fireman hat.

Then we got to take a tour of the fire station. They showed us where they lived, relaxed and trained. The boys were all fascinated by the CPR dummy, and they all had to touch him. It was so funny!

Then we got to see the fire engines. They opened up all the side compartments and showed us some of the cool stuff they have in there! They have all kinds of saws, axes and tools.


Ephraim thought it was pretty cool when they opened up the compartments and showed us all the tools. They even pulled out the jaws of life and showed it to us. It was pretty noisy, but the boys thought it was cool.

I thought it was fun to see the firefighters and all the equipment that they have to use to do their job. Check out how packed their lockers are!

We got to check out an ambulance as well as a fire engine. Ephraim was all over the ambulance, even before they showed it to us. Let's hope he never has to ride in one!

The boys all got to climb through the fire truck and the ambulance. I was pretty jealous because I have never been in either one... but I guess I'm o.k. with that!

The boys did a pretty good job of listening to the firemen. I think parts of it were more interesting to the parents, but the boys really did have a good time. The firemen were really great with the kids and made it fun for them.


Since I was right there, I had to take a second to put my boys up on the fire truck and take a quick picture. Check out all the dials and gauges.

Here is Jacob. He is a little bit better at smiling quickly on command.

While we were there the firemen almost got called away on a medical emergency. Another fire station stepped in and took the call since we were there. Since one of the firemen was already getting geared up, he finished putting on his gear and let us take some pictures. How fun. Here is Jacob and Ephraim with the fireman:

I think it's funny that the only person smiling in this picture is the fireman. Silly boys!

What a fun birthday party for a bunch of boys! Afterward we went to a nearby park and had pizza, cupcakes and ice cream. The boys had a ton of fun.

Then we waited until Daddy found a stopping point in his work on the cooler and we drove to Logan.  I wish we had more time to spend with Jeanette and my mom, but it was a very busy day! Plus when I went to put the boys to bed I ended up falling asleep with them. Guess I was tired after my busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment