Monday, June 21, 2010

Park Hopping

This morning we went to the park to play with Melinda and her girls. We got there a little while before they did but that's ok... there are plenty of things to do in the park, right?

You would think the boys would just go play on the play equipment or run around on the grass... but oh, no! Jacob and Ephraim found something to do that they thought was tons of fun. I was not so sure about that!

Geronimo!
The surprising thing for me was that Jacob jumped first. He is not usually my daredevil boy. I didn't know whether to be proud of him, or freak out about it. So I did the most natural thing... I got out my camera.

Nailed the landing!
Monkey see, monkey do, right? So of course Ephraim had to give it a try as well!

Look out below!
Naturally Ephraim didn't have the sense to wait until Jonah was out of the way, but luckily there were no collisions.

Jump, jump!
I asked the boys to stop before too long because I am a wet blanket (and a safety conscious mom). I really didn't want to end up at the hospital with any broken arms or legs!

What is it with boys and the need to climb up on everything and them leap off? Sheesh!

The boys had a great time with Melinda's girls at Evergreen park. We love to go there because the kids like to play on the play equipment and there is also a field for thems to run around in. They like to run to the top of the big hill and roll or run down.

Go kids, go! I thought it was cute how Jacob and Laura were fast and got so far ahead of Ephraim and Sara, but the little kids kept on going.

Jacob is my little runner. He LOVES to run. He got everyone to run up the hill with him a couple of times, but he was ready to keep going when everyone else was tired of running.


Melinda and I had a great time chatting and playing with Eliza. Occasionally we had to run over to the swings to give some little people a push or two.


I love how well our kids get along when they are playing it makes it easy for us to have fun at the park too. Here is a picture I caught of the kids all sitting on the play equipment.


What a bunch of cuties!


While at the park the kids also collected pine cones for us. So we started stacking them up. We ended up with quite the pile!


I love spending summer days at the park! It is so much fun. Especially when you have such cute company.

3 comments:

  1. Playing outside in the sunshine look like so much fun. I really like your pictures of the boys jumping off the picnick table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part about pine cones is the memories of the times we gathered them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pics! And we love going to the park with you!

    ReplyDelete