Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reading Time

I have been meaning to post about reading with Jacob for a while, but it seems that there is always something else going on. I even had my mother-in-law take some pictures for me when they were visiting for Ephraim's baby blessing a month ago. So here it is!

After Ephraim was born and Joe went back to work I started to read to Jacob whenever I fed Ephraim. I knew that Ephraim was taking up a lot of my time and I wanted to show Jacob that I could still spend time with him too.


It has worked out beautifully. Now Jacob actually tells me that I need to feed Ephraim so that he can get me to read more books to him. He loves our reading time so much and I think it helped him adjust to having Ephraim around.

Jacob is such a sweet boy. He loves his little brother and gives him hugs all the time. It will be fun to see them play together as they grow. I enjoy our reading time too (even when it's the same books over and over for a while!). It reminds me to stop and take time to enjoy my children.


2 comments:

  1. You are helping Ephraim, too. He will learn the rhythm of language, the pattern of how stories are written, and love good stories before others usually have a chance to hear them. I wish I had taken more time reading when Joseph and Emily were smaller. I know so much more about children's literature now, but at least I have a chance to share with my grandsons. There are some really good books I am falling in love with that will be sent your way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob and Ephraim will both benefit from the reading you do with them. I wish I had read more to my kids too. It will be a nice thing when your kids get older that you won't have to regret not reading to them because you did.

    ReplyDelete