Monday, July 28, 2008

Domestic Diva

This weekend my domestic goddess must have decided to break free for a while. We were pretty busy all weekend, but I still managed to make a bunch of different things. First, on Friday and Saturday I made grapefruit marmalade. Grandpa and Grandma Devereaux brought us the grapefruit when they were here visiting, and I finally made the marmalade I'd been wanting to try!

I think that the marmalade turned out pretty well, but then again I have never had real marmalade. I don't think I'll be making it again for quite a while because it took more work than I thought.

Then on Sunday I baked a loaf of bread. Doesn't it look nice?

I also made a bread braid for dinner. It had steak, mushrooms, peppers, onions, seasonings and mozarella cheese inside. It was delicious!

I made these things using a recipe that my friend Melinda turned me on to. It is from a local company called Pantry Secrets and I love how versatile the dough recipe is. It is also SUPER easy and doesn't take very long. So I have been trying to save money making my own bread. Here are some hot dog and hamburger buns that I also made on Sunday.

But wait... there's more! I also made a pan and a half of cinnamon rolls with the rest of the dough. They were yummy! Too bad some of you don't live closer because I am going to have to give some of these away so I don't eat them all myself!

So there you have it! Now if only my inner cleaning lady had come out along with my domestic diva.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go. I hope to one day do some baking of bread, but I doubt I will do as much as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The braid turned out gorgeous! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete