Saturday, July 26, 2008

CASVAR 2008

It's official!
Joe and I are registered for CASVAR 2008. It is a bike tour of varying distances that is being held on August 23rd in Star Valley, Wyoming.

This will be our first bike tour ever! I am going to attempt to ride the 38 mile ride. Joe is going for either the 65 or 85 mile ride. He is in better shape than I am because he has been commuting to work by bike for a couple of months now.

I think I can do this! On Saturday this weekend I went out for a bike ride. I rode from our house all the way to Thanksgiving Point. I managed to go 19 miles in 1 hour 22 minutes... and boy is my keister sore! Last weekend Joe rode his bike all the way to the top of point of the mountain!

Getting ready for this bike tour is definitely helping us get in shape! We have also motivated my parents enough that they are going to ride in the tour too! How cool is that?

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you!!! Next time you go on a long bike ride, give me a call, I'd love to go. Good luck!! I want to see a full post when your back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad adjusted my seat and it feels much better now. He is still out riding this evening, he is much stronger than I am so he needed to take a long ride to see how far he could go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are crazy! Amazing, but crazy!

    ReplyDelete