Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend Wonders

What a busy weekend it was for us!  Friday was Jacob's Kindergarten assessment, so Joe stayed home so I could go. We had a busy morning at home, at which time I took this picture of Ephraim. Is it just me, or is this kid accident prone?


After lunch I went to Jacob's Kindergarten Assessment. He was a little nervous about it, but I told him he would do fine. And yes I am crazy enough to take my camera with me. His teacher said she wouldn't mind if I took a few pictures. Here is Mrs. Christensen doing the assessment with Jacob.


This is what part of Jacob's classroom looks like. Fun, huh?


Jacob did a pretty good job on the assessment. I was filling out paperwork, but I could hear him telling her which letter she was showing him as well as the sounds. He did pretty good with the sight words and did well with counting too. The only thing he had trouble with was subtraction, which isn't too surprising because he is only 5!


Jacob is so excited to start Kindergarten! Ephraim actually wishes he could start Kindergarten too. He wants to be able to play soccer and go to Kindergarten just like Jacob. We will have to do some fun things with Ephraim so he doesn't feel left out.

Also on Friday I took some dang cute pictures of Amelia. I was working on a photo prompt for my public blog in which I had to take photos of something old and new. So I put my grandmother's necklace on Amelia and took some photos.


Isn't she darling? In these two pictures she was smiling at Daddy while I took the pictures.


We did manage to get her to look at the camera too!


And she even smiled! I love the way my 50 mm lens did with these shots! I think I am going to have to use it more for individual portraits and practice getting the focus right.


When my mom saw the pictures on the public blog she asked how I got Amelia not to grab the necklace. The answer is that she DID grab the necklace! After all, wouldn't you?



Saturday we were pretty busy getting stuff done so that everything would be fine while Joe is gone to VM World in Las Vegas for the next week. We went and got some shirts for Jacob and worked on cleaning up around the house.

Then this morning Joe left for Vegas and we went to church. I have to say that taking three kids to church by yourself is quite a challenge! Especially when Amelia has apparently decided that she does not want to nap at church, which means that she gets grumpy!

Later this evening as I was brushing Jacob's teeth, you will never guess what we found!


Yep! That is a TOOTH that is growing in just behind Jacob's baby teeth. Can you believe that? No wonder his bottom-front tooth is loose! We just realized it a few days ago and now there is a tooth back there! I guess his baby teeth will be falling out in no time!

I can't believe how quickly Jacob is growing! His first soccer practice, his first loose tooth, and this week will be his first day of school! What a big boy.


2 comments:

  1. I love the blog update. And, my goodness your kids are growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia is so cute! I'll be you had fun taking those pictures.

    ReplyDelete