Friday, August 5, 2011

Holding Amelia and Swimming

Our kids start "reading" books at an early age. Here is a picture of Amelia checking out a soft book. She was absolutely intrigued with the bright colors and shapes.

She even rolled onto her side to get a better peek when it fell down next to her! She is going to be moving around before we know it!


This morning Jacob asked me if he could hold Amelia. It has been a while since they asked me, so I said "Sure!". I think Jacob was pretty happy about that, what do you think?


He absolutely adores Amelia. He loves to get on the ground next to her and talk to her and try to get her to talk back. She definitely recognizes her big brother!


I had Amelia sitting up against Jacob, and he told me that he wanted to "hold her like he did when she was littler". So I had to lay her down on his lap. Isn't he a cutie?

Of course Ephraim wanted to hold Amelia too. It was a bit more challenging for him to keep her upright, but he was very excited about it.

And of course today we went to swimming lessons again. I didn't really feel like going out in the heat to take pictures, so I didn't mind at all when Karyn took my camera and got some fun shots for me.

I love this picture of Jacob in midair! So cool!


And if you haven't seen this enough, you haven't been paying attention! Repeat after me, chicken-airplane-soldier!
Here is a picture of Ephraim in the water "wearing" his goggles. What a nut!


The boys just LOVE swimming lessons. I love that they are having so much fun, even if it is a bit of a pain in the rear for me. It has been especially hot lately, so when we get back to the van it is roasting! At least it is getting cooler in the mornings, which means fall is on it's way- hooray!

2 comments: